Wednesday, June 18, 2014

El Viernes - 6/13 - El Ultimo Día En Lima

Today is, quite sadly, our last day in Lima :(  I definitely have mixed feelings about leaving.  I've had an UNBELIEVABLE experience here and quite frankly, could stay here for a whiiiiile longer.  At the same time, I'm pretty exhausted from non-stop doing doing doing and I'm definitely ready to get to Cuzco (and then Chile!!).

Today was the last day of classes at El Sol, which was definitely sad.  I have grown to really like all my teachers there.  And actually, today I found out that my culture and conversation teacher these past two weeks is a Marxist!!  We ended classes a little bit early to take some pictures and get a chance to say goodbye to all the El Sol folks.  After classes, for the last time, we went to pick up our lunch from the restaurant next to school and we said goodbye to them as well.

Today was also our last day at UNIFE.  It was an awesome day there today, as we they prepared a closing ceremony for us and we had another hour long dance lesson with the same people as last week.  Then after that, we played soccer for a while before leaving.  My language partner group, consisting of four UNIFE girls (Johannya, Lucero, Selene, and Kimberly) made me an awesome going away present.  It was a collage of pictures and words of thanks and memories from these two weeks.  All of the UNIFE students got very attached to us Northeastern students and it was difficult for them to say goodbye to us, which in turn made it difficult for us to say goodbye to them.  But, alas, we said our goodbyes and they promised that if they were ever in Boston, they would surely reach out to us.

Tomorrow... on to the capital of the Incan Empire - CUZCO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment