Sunday, June 22, 2014

El Miércoles - 6/18 - El Último Día Completo en Cuzo

Today was our last day in Cusco, and really the last full day of the trip :(  In the morning, I got some work done on my book reports and repacked all my stuff so that I wouldn’t have to do so much tomorrow morning.  After that, a group of us got lunch at the Peruvian-Thai fusion restaurant right in the city center, which was DELICIOUS.  After lunch, we just walked around la Plaza de Armas just exploring various shops and vendor stands.  Then Nathan, Marcus, Jonah, Erin and I went to get massages, something I have never done before.  We all got Incan massages, which was a blend of all the massages they offer.  It included hot rocks, deep-tissue massage, soft-tissue massage, and everything.  No, we did not get happy endings.  But my whole body was pooped from Machu Picchu and the entire trip in general so it felt great.


Then we went to a school not far from the hotel to have culture classes with Monica and Henry.  Those were a lot of fun actually and really interesting.  In Monica’s class we pretty much went through the presidencies of Peru since the 1960’s and how their policies affected Perú (the poor, the working class, the wealthy class, the economy, etc.).  I’m super interested in that kind of stuff so it was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment