Wednesday, June 18, 2014

El Miércoles - 6/11

Today we had a typical morning with El Sol and then lunch to go.  At UNIFE though, today was a bit different.  We had the second round of presentations.  I presented with my group, which consisted of myself, Darek, Jonah, Donal, Grant, and Nathan.  I was really happy with how my presentation went. I presented on the settlement camps outside Lima.  Starting in the 1940's there was a huge migration of Peruvians from the mountains and the jungle to the city of Lima.  These migrants formed settlement camps around the periphery of the city.  By 1990, half of Lima's population lived in these settlements.  As we presented, the UNIFE students practiced their translating skills and it was set up so that every sentence or two that we said in Spanish, the UNIFE student that was translating would repeat it in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment