Sunday, June 22, 2014

El Sábado - 6/14

I am now in Cuzco, the beautiful mountain capital city of the late Incan Empire.  This morning was sad, as I had to leave the apartment in which Darek and I have lived for the past four weeks.  And we had to say goodbye to Cici, our host mom, and Gabbi, the helper.  We got Cici a bottle of a wine and we got Gabbi an Incan-designed backpack and a knit hat for Sebastian, her six month old, whom I came to adore.  We landed at around 11 and went to our hotel.  Cuzco is a pretty small city… a nice central plaza (Plaza de Armas) with shops, restaurants, hostels/hotels, and residences surrounding.  It’s in the middle of the mountains and during the day you can see a snow-cap or two in the distance and other beautiful mountains all around you.


First thing was first… We napped.  We had to get up real early for the flight and we didn’t get home from dinner last night until around 12:30.  You’re supposed to take it easy the first day in high altitude to adjust, so we all rested in the hotel for a while then went and had a light group lunch.  After lunch, we explored Cuzco a bit, getting to know the beautiful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment