Wednesday, May 21, 2014

El Miércoles - 5/21

As I write this post, I am laying in bed trying not to fall asleep... it's only 7 PM.  It was a long and exhausting day with a lot of walking and a lot activities.  We only had three hours of school because we left at 12 to head to El Centro de Lima.  There we took three guided tours at three extremely important buildings/museums in Lima.  First we took a tour of the Peruvian Congress, seeing the rooms in which they all gather to draft and revise legislation and the beautiful architecture of the 78 year old building.  I am very interested in politics and political systems and enjoyed learning about how the peruvian political system is set up, specifically about the unicameral legislature.

Next we went to the museum of Congress and the Santa Inquisition.  Here we went on a tour learning about the persecution of all non-catholics in Peru and saw the torture devices they used against the religious prisoners that the Peruvian theocracy took.  Lastly, we walked to the Museuo de Sitio Bodega y Quadra and took a tour through an underground archaeological dig of Historical Lima.  It was awesome to get a sense of what the houses and streets looked like back in the day.  Now I will relax the rest of the night and get ready for another good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment